Nursing Officer/ Midwife
- Deadline: July 31, 2021
- Ref: NMSL/2020/J0001
We are seeking a qualified person to fill the position below:
- Diagnosing, monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care;
- Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
- Providing counseling and advice before and after screening and tests;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
- Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
- Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
- Fully qualified and registered with state Nursing Council
- RN or RNM in Nursing is required.
- At least 2 years work experience as a midwife.
- Must live in Ikorodu, Lagos or reside within proximity.
- Applicant must not be more than 40 years of age
- Should be pleasant, smart and very neat
- Should be polite with good communication skill and gentle with patients
The applicant must reside in or within proximity of Ikorodu, Lagos