Reconciliation & Debt Recovery Officer
- Deadline: October 14, 2020
- Ref: NMSL/2020/J0019
We are seeking a qualified person to fill the position below:
- Reporting to directly to the Billings Manager, Hospital Administrator and Medical Director, the Debt Recovery Officer will be responsible for contacting debtors and claiming outstanding debts.
- They will also be charged with keeping track of assigned patients accounts and identifying outstanding debts, as well as planning and implementing a course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- The Debt Recovery Officer will also be required to locate debtors to inquire of their payment status, and recover monies owed in as little time as possible.These debts will be related to health care, including hospitalizations, surgeries, and routine check-ups.
- B.SC/HND in Accounting or any social science related courses
- Professional qualification is an added advantage
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of HMO business as well as account reconciliation, debt recovery and other related accounting tasks
- Must have at least five years work experience in HMO & Billing in a healthcare facility
- Must have experience with dealing with all stakeholders involved in HMO activities
- Must not more than 40 years of age.
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel
- Apt in negotiation and persuasion skills, and ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Possession of other qualification is an added advantage
- Must have a good command of written and Spoken English
- Must be smart, good looking, time conscious, with a good interpersonal skills
- Must be a good manager of time, resources, people and situations
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills especially with Senior
- Stakeholders in HMOs
- Discernibly honest and upright character
- Good facilitation and analytical skills
- Proactive decision maker and report writing skills Good time management and prioritization
- Excellent computer skills: proficient with MS Office, Outlook, etc
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Handle questions or complaints.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary.
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Following up with clients on previous payment arrangements.
- Locating and establishing contact with debtors.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary liaising with solicitors and bailiffs.
- Negotiating settlements with clients.
- Taking ownership of debt collection cases.
- Maintaining appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions.
Residence in Ikorodu and environs will be an added advantage